Hello San Mateo County!
Many may remember an experimental eFiling endeavor several years ago when courts allowed documents to be eFiled. While that program was later rescinded, San Mateo County is now rejoining 18 other California court systems to permit electronic filing of legal documents.
Small Claims began accepting digital documents last month, and the soft launch will continue with Probate case types starting March 12, 2018. To begin with, only case initiations can be submitted electronically. Stay tuned for updates.
How to prepare
Whether it’s your first time eFiling or you’ve been filing documents electronically in surrounding counties for years, you’ll want to make sure your law firm is prepared for the transition.
One Legal has prepared several important training tools to help get you up to speed:
Attend a webinar
Our experienced eFiling experts and customer success specialists have created several CLE-accredited trainings to help filers learn the ins and outs of eFiling on their new systems.
Download important resources
We’ve done the research and leveraged our experience to create top resources to help you with your eFiling.
Still have questions?
Need assistance with eFiling? Check out the other resources we offer to help you get ahead.
- Enlist One Legal Concierge. Filing your documents electronically can be as simple as sending an email. Our expert team of court specialists can handle many services on your behalf, including court filing, ordering service of process, subpoena preparation, and arranging courier services. Learn more.
- Drop by office hours. Our training specialists host special office hours twice a week to answer questions, provide specific demonstrations, and otherwise help customers with the eFiling process. It’s a chance to learn how to make the most out of eFiling through One Legal.
- Pay close attention to comments. Remember that the court clerks are learning the new rules too, and any remarks they leave on your documents are an opportunity for you to learn more about what they will be looking for in the future.
- Continue to review our guides and checklists, and subscribe to our blog for updates, industry insights, and how-to articles for the world of eFiling and beyond.
Advantages to using One Legal in San Mateo County
As a highly rated electronic filing service provider (EFSP) and all-in-one legal support solution, there are several key advantages to choosing One Legal for eFiling in San Mateo County.
- One Legal has been eFiling in California since 2009 and has been delivering physical documents to courts throughout the state and beyond for nearly 30 years.
- You can manage your eFiled Probate cases along with physically filed Family Law, Civil, and Complex Civil cases. File anywhere in the state with no additional login to memorize: One Legal is a single sign-on solution.
- Our top-rated Concierge service will be available for your San Mateo Probate filings—get a document specialist to file on your behalf.
This new eFiling process to Probate case types in San Mateo will have all the same convenience you’ve come to expect from One Legal:
- Quick and simple ordering workflow
- Free conversion of all uploads to text searchable PDF
- Simple billing and invoicing features
- World-class training and customer support
- …and more
Are you ready to start eFiling in your court?