Email to File is the fastest, most convenient, and lowest-risk way to file your documents. Simply attach your documents to an email and provide us with just a few pieces of critical information — our team of experienced document specialists will then review, assemble, and deliver the filing on your behalf.
The Email to File service includes:
- Review of your filing — We’ll check your filing for common errors and adherence to local court rules so you avoid rejection and delays.
- Assembly of your filing as per local court rules — We’ll print, assemble, and organize your pysical filing or, in eFiling courts, convert your document to PDF, add exhibit bookmarks, and make it text searchable by applying optical character recognition (OCR).
- Creation of your filing order — We’ll place your filing on your behalf, ensuring it gets precisely where it needs to go.
- Delivery of a courtesy copy (optional in California only) — At your request, we can also create and deliver a courtesy copy of your filing to the court.
Key benefits of using Email to File:
- Fast, simple, and convenient — Sending us a filing takes just seconds. We’ll review, assemble, and file your documents on your behalf, saving you time to focus on what matters most.
- Reduced risk — We’re court filing experts with more than 25 years of experience. In San Francisco, for instance, 99.9% of filings placed by our document team are accepted the first time.
- Clear and simple pricing — Email to File costs just $39.95 per transaction* in addition to the regular One Legal service fees and court filing fees, if any.
*A higher rate applies for self-represented litigants. See our pricing page.
One Legal’s Email to File service: Datasheet
Download a summary of One Legal’s Email to File service. Includes features, pricing, and key facts.
Download now >
Blog: Everything you need to know about sending large files by email
Using Email to File is as simple as sending an email. However, there are a few things you need to know about sending large attachments.
Read more >
Email to File deadlines
For eFiling court we must receive your email by 4 PM (3 PM in Monterey, San Luis Obispo, or San Francisco).
If you are filing in a court that requires physical delivery we must receive your email one hour prior to the deadline stated for the court in the One Legal service directory.
For 25 years, customers have relied on our comprehensive suite of products for all their litigation support needs – both electronic and physical filing, service of process, eService, court research, court document retrieval, and courtesy copy delivery.
Get ready to make your work remarkably easier.